Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Proof

... that I am thirsty: When I saw a ludicrous dress of whisks (see below) in a slideshow, I thought of Compton Mackenzie's Whisky Galore. I know, I know, the two do not complement one another. I'm pairing them anyway, for the model, as grim as a Chinese terracotta warrior, needs a dose of fun in her life. (Granted, the attempt to make the "feminine" cooking utensils into "masculine" faux armor is gimmicky enough to make the happiest model unhappy. Oh, but I opine when I should be thinking about whisky.)


Mackenzie's book was made into a marvelous movie (with fun movie posters--see below). It makes thorough sense that it was released on Christmas Day in 1949. Whisky Galore! is a sheer delight that increases my love for coy and cooing Joan Greewood and bumptious Basil Radford.

And now, the poster:

1 comment: